At Block Advisors, we guarantee an accurate tax return including every deduction and credit you deserve.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
If you discover a Block Advisors error on your return that entitles you to a larger refund (or smaller tax liability), we'll refund the tax prep fee for that return and file an amended return at no additional charge. To qualify for the Block Advisors Maximum Refund Guarantee, the refund claims must be made during the calendar year in which the return was prepared, and the larger refund or smaller tax liability must not be due to incomplete, inaccurate, or inconsistent information supplied by you, positions taken by you that may be unsubstantiated or incorrect, your choice not to claim a deduction or credit, conflicting tax laws, or changes in tax laws after January 1, 2021.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We’re so certain you’ll be satisfied with the tax preparation services at our offices, you only pay us if you accept your return.*
*By authorizing Block Advisors to e-file your tax return or by taking the completed return to file, you are accepting the return and are obligated to pay all fees when due.
100% Accuracy Guarantee
If Block Advisors makes an error on your return, we will reimburse you for any resulting penalties and interest. To qualify for the Block Advisors 100% Accuracy Guarantee, the error must not be due to incomplete, inaccurate, or inconsistent information supplied by you, positions taken by you that may be unsubstantiated or incorrect, your choice not to claim a deduction or credit, conflicting tax laws, or changes in tax laws after January 1, 2021.
If H&R Block makes an error in your bookkeeping that requires a re-opening of your books for any month, we will correct the error for the month the error occurred at no additional charge. To qualify, the error must be made by H&R Block and result from an incorrectly categorized transaction, incorrect account balance, or unsupported transaction based on the information provided by you to H&R Block. This guarantee is limited only to correcting the bookkeeping error by re-opening the books and correcting appropriate entries and does not include any payment or other responsibility for any claims associated with the error. This guarantee is not available if the error was caused by you providing inaccurate, untimely, or incomplete information. You must cooperate with our review of a guarantee claim.
If H&R Block makes an error in your payroll services, we will fix the error and will reimburse you, after you pay the IRS, for the amount of the penalty, fines, or interest paid by you that you would otherwise not have been required to pay, up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000), if the penalties, fines, or interest assessed against you is due solely to an H&R Block error. Under no circumstances will H&R Block pay additional taxes due, wages, compensation, or other fees or consequential damages, including fees for third parties you choose to engage.
H&R Block will only pay the penalties, fines, or interest described above if all of the following conditions are met:
- The penalty, fine, or interest must not be due to incorrect, untimely, or incomplete information you provide, your failure to follow instructions and requests from your payroll services provider, your failure to provide all necessary information to H&R Block, or any other reason outside the control of H&R Block.
- You notify H&R Block within thirty (30) days after you received a notice from any tax authority. In addition, you timely sent H&R Block complete documentation of the notice, penalty, fine, or interest, and all other relevant correspondence to and from each tax authority, proof that you paid the penalty, fine, or interest, and any other relevant information H&R Block reasonably requests.
- You took any and all actions reasonably requested by H&R Block to limit any further penalties and interest from accruing.
- You have complied with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, and you have not provided any false information.
- You paid and are current in your fee payments.
- The penalty or interest must not be based upon incorrect advice you receive from H&R Block that you knew was incorrect at the time that you filed your return.
- You will not receive a refund for any fee paid for the payroll services.
In no event will H&R Block reimburse you for more than an aggregate of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) in penalties, fines, or interest owed to the IRS and any state revenue authorities.
THIS PROVISION STATES H&R BLOCK’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR ANY ERRORS IN YOUR PAYROLL SERVICES CAUSED BY H&R BLOCK.